Wednesday 9 June 2010

A Divine wedding

Photo by Adam Hollingworth

This was my first wedding dress commission and I'd love to share the journey with you........

I had met Natasha and Nick through my husband, we quickly became freinds.

Natasha rang me one day and delightedly told me they were getting married and asked if I would create a gown for her special day.

How could I say no?

So we set off to visit all the bridal gown boutiques we could find in Sydney. (and there were quite a few)

Natasha had started a scrap book of ideas she found in magazines.

There were a few different styles of dresses that she liked cretain bits of but none of her ideal gown.

"Working with Elizabeth was fantastic, she made the whole
experience memorable and fun.
I remember sitting in a cafe and
describing what my perfect
dream wedding dress would be. The whole time
she sat listening and drawing on her sketch pad. After I finished she showed me
a sketch of exactly what I had pictured in my mind"
Natasha quite unexpectedly fell pregnant and we had to atler her gown to a maternity style, all the while keeping the elements of each dress she liked.
We found a beautiful raw silk fabric that changed colour in the light like mother of pearl.

"The and result was a memorable dress that everyone raved about. They said it was every bit me, and one of a kind. It was like a fairytale, the dress was magical."
Natasha and Nick were married among the vines on a beautiful autum day surrounded by everyone who loved them wishing them a 'Happly ever after.'







A true Cinderella


No comments:

Post a Comment