Wednesday 5 May 2010

Lets start with me!


I was married in 1995, a lifetime ago it seems.

My wedding plans went relatively smooth with no real dramas.




I was having my hair curled so went to the hairdressers the night before.

He covered my head in these bright coloured spongy, bendy things!


We couldn't afford a planner so we ran around setting up the reception room ourselves.





Me and my sister with these Medusa head wear.

Well it started raining, my hair got soaked!

Next morning it was still dripping.


My hairdresser was ready to kill me,

I ended up with 4 girls around me trying to curl my hair with tongs.


Disaster #1 averted.


Time to get dressed

As you would expect I made my own bridesmaids gowns

and was very strict at the fittings,

they HAD to wear the underwear that would be worn on the day!


Common sense, right??

Right!!


BM # 3

(No names)


arrived in a brand new uplifting bra which meant

when she put her gown on she was popping out the top and

there was too much room underneath!


So there's me in my 'bridal under garments'

on my knees sewing her dress.

20 minutes before the wedding was due to start!



The saying that things happen in threes was never so appropriate.


The photographer couldn't find my mum's house.

He turned up 20 minutes after the wedding should have started

and spent another 15 taking shots.


The priest was none to pleased

and announced to our guests.


"If she wanted to be married a half past,

then she should have booked it for then".


and proceeded to talk faster than he ever had before!



We later found out he was meant to be playing golf with the Bishop!



All in all we had a wonderful day.

And a few stories to tell.


3am and we fell in to bed with a cup of tea and a slice of wedding cake.


No Really!


The honeymoon?


Well, thats another story.










No comments:

Post a Comment